Thursday, February 14, 2013

last month's birding

Last month we did a little bit of birding here and there.

Of some excitement to me was a cute little clay colored sparrow. I didn't get a picture of him because I didn't have my camera, but you can see a picture of him here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sueorourke/8439486248/in/photostream/

Not so exciting to you? Sorry.

Noel and I also saw this guy...


Can you see him??



 He looks like this. If you look again I think you'll find him. He camouflages very well.
He's an American Woodcock. Apparently he's also called a Timberdoodle.
We liked him quite a lot.

And of course we saw lots of these guys:


Glenn is not so fond of them because they eat everything in our yard.
I still like them, but don't tell Glenn that. 

Happy Valentines Day!






No comments: